28. Nandivisala Jatakaya

 During the time when our Blessed One was working in Sawat, there lived a group of six monks named Jabbaggia. They get into fights with other bhikkhus over the smallest of things. scolding Hela sees and speaks. The order says. Aggression begins by saying many things. The monks considered this for the Blessed One. The Blessed One called the Jabbagiya monks and asked them about it. They admitted that the allegation was true. Expressing his displeasure at their error, the Blessed One said:


app.leonardo.ai


"Mr.... Even animals do not like masculine words. Once upon a time , a beast was defeated by a thousand yellow stones for speaking against him. The monks asked the Blessed One to say it to us . The Blessed One said this jataka.


"Venerable monks, a long time ago, a king named Gandhara ruled Takshasilaw in the Gandhara country. At that time, bodhisattvas were born in cow's vagina. When he was a calf, he was gifted to a certain Brahmin by a donor as a cow Dakshina. This Brahmin also took care of the calf he got like a child. The children were fed and bathed slowly. Bosha and the cow gradually grew up and became a great Taurus king. The Brahmin named him Nandivisala. One day this cow thought like this. 'This Brahmin brought me up very sadly. There is no other cow that has been able to carry the load with me. Therefore, Nandivisala said to the brahmin that I must show my strength and pay our brahmin for what he raised me.


“Brahmin, you go to a situ who has cattle. A hundred carts tied together can bet with a thousand gold coins that today they have a strong cow." So the brahmin heard Nandivisala's words and went to the planter and started talking. “Situation…. Whose cow is the strongest in this city?” “Brahmin, Asavals and Asavals also have very powerful cows. Even so, I don't think they are as strong as the cattle I have" "No.... Don't say that, planter, I have a wonderful cow too. It is a small thing for my oxen to pull a hundred wagons tied together” “Ha…. O Brahmin, where are such cows?” "why…. in my house"


"Then shall we bet?" “Okay…. I'll bet a thousand gold coins."


They decided on a date for the bet. A hundred carts filled with sandstone were kept together. They leaned one on the other and tied wooden sheets on both sides. Yothin banda. The Brahmin bathed in Nandivisala. All five fingers were lined with fragrant powder. A garland was worn. Tied to the first cart. “And….. now draw…. Kulu Harako now draw Kulu Harako....” shouted. That voice was strange to Nandivisala. I have never heard such a word from a Brahmin. Nandivisala's heroism disappeared right there. My heart sank. All four legs were immovable like stone pillars. The sage immediately took a thousand yellow stones from the Brahmin. The defeated Brahmin quietly untied the cow and returned home in sorrow. Lying in bed, he sighed. Nandivisala stared at the Brahmin for a long time. He went to the Brahmin and asked:


"Brahmin, why are you sleeping?"


“What sleep? I lose a thousand yellows!”


“Young Brahmin, am I a cow as you say? I am always at your house. Have I ever broken a single clay pot? Has anyone been abused? Have you defecated in an inappropriate place?”


“Oh no…. My son... You have never disobeyed me.”


"That's Nennam…. Then why did you call me Kulu Rakaya?" It's your fault. There is nothing wrong with me. Brahmin, go too. Go and bet this time with two thousand gold coins. But oh... Don't just call me a cow."


Then the Brahmin went to the planter and bet two thousand gold coins. The planter also liked it. As before, one hundred wagons were filled with stones and tied to each other in a line. As before, Nandivisala was decorated. Banda in the original cart. The Brahmin sat at the front of the cart. Patted Nandivisala's back. “My beautiful king…. For today, this gal, my beautiful king…. He just said, "This is for today." The bodhisattvas pulled all the hundred wagons tied together in one breath and brought the hundredth wagon to the place where the first wagon was. Everyone cheered loudly. Nandivisala gave flowers to the cow. The defeated Situ gave the Brahmin two thousand gold coins. Nandivisala also received gifts. Because of the Bodhisattvas, the Brahmin got a lot of wealth.


Beloved, dear children, the Blessed One, who said this, also enunciated a precept that it is wrong for the monks to condemn each other and say 'Omasavade Pachittiyang'. Then the Blessed One said this stanza.


"The sweetest words should be said

Never say bad things

Even the cow that hears melodious words

Carrying a heavy load

He got wealth because of melodious words.


Our Ananda was the Brahmin that day. Nandivisala was our Blessed One.

Post a Comment

0 Comments